One of the best choices you can make in your life is to become your own best friend. The earlier, the better. But don’t worry. It’s never too late.
I believe that we are souls in bodies that each have their own individual path. We can affect this path by setting up goals and visualize, but in the end, the universe has the last word. And it is always the best choice for you. The universe loves you deeply. And the universe has brought you here today. Welcome! Let me give you some advice I’ve learned on the way of becoming my own best friend and developed a healthy self-love.
What does it mean?
Being your own best friend means that you are stronger when you’re alone, when others are against you, you make the right choices for you and are more in peace within yourself. Sometimes the universe puts us in situations that are challenging because we need it. We might not understand it during the challenges but afterwards we realize how much we grew and how much we learned from the experience. Being our own best friend makes us tougher and stronger in our mind and soul to work through the challenges without giving up. We don’t hate ourselves and our bodies. We accept our flaws and are grateful for the talents we have been gifted. We have a positive outlook on life, we trust the universe and spread love and energy around us.
5 tips to become your own best friend
Here are 5 of the most important steps you can take in the journey of becoming your own best friend.
Everything starts with gratitude. You must learn the art of being grateful towards yourself, what you have and life itself. Only then you can grow. Gratitude and willing to develop and earn more in life is better without greediness. Start practicing gratitude. Take a few minutes a week or day depending how fast you want to go and think of all the things you are grateful for. In life, in your job, your partner – and yourself. Be grateful for all the good personality traits you have. Be grateful to your body and how it works for you. Many of us have things we want to change on our bodies, but please try to see the whole picture. Just because you change something on the outside, doesn’t it mean you’ll be a happier peson. Try to love your own unique body first.
Focus inwards – soul empowerment
Being connected to your soul, can give you so much happiness. I cannot stress this enough! If you have never really meditated, start as soon as you can! You don’t have to believe in anything like astrology or the soul. But you can pretend. When you see results, might start believing in something powerful within you. Connecting with your true self is not only through meditation. You can isolate yourself a few days, do trips and creative things by yourself. Simple, hang out with yourself. You’ll probably realize things about your life you never understood before. You’ll think clearly. And you’ll find a genuine happiness right where you are, whether you are far from your biggest goal or already there. It’s a really good sign when you find happiness just being by yourself.
Out with bad influences – in with good influences
Shut off influences from the outside that make you judge yourself. Liberate yourself from self-hate and judgement. Unfollow accounts on Instagram and Facebook that give you a negative view on your body and your life. Instead, follow accounts that really motivate you. Even better – less social media, more personal development. Read more books and articles in subjects you love and in personal development. In my opinion, you’ll gain more from that than scrolling through Kim Kardashian’s Instagram all the way back to 2014. Unless she is a positive role model to you, which is completely fine 🙂
Visualizing and plans
Where are you in life? Is it mediocre to you? Are you really where you want to be? Are you studying something you find interesting? Are you working with you passion? Do you love your partner? If you’re not exactly where you want to be, it’s time to take control over the situation and go on the journey towards your dream life. It requires more than a day. And it’s ok! Enjoy the journey and all that you get to experience. Life is more than an end goal.
- Install the habit of visualizing. Write down in detail how you want every domain in life to look like. Visualize (imagine it in your head) regularly and your vision will constantly be in the back of your mind.
- Make plans on how to get there. You might have heard about “The Law of Attraction”. It basically means visualize, believe and you shall receive. What they forgot was WORK. Yes you can’t receive all you want if you don’t step out the door. Start doing things to get closer to your goal. If you want to become a journalist, start freelancing and email blogs to do guest posts. If you want new friends, attend different types of events. If you take one step towards that goal, you’ll see how you’ll attract it much faster than if you stayed at home and wished.
- Listen to your intuition and follow it. This is one of the hardest things I will tell you to do. I don’t even know if I do 100% as my intuition tells me. All I know is that every time I do, everything falls into place. Why can it be hard? Well sometimes, we might be in a totally comfortable situation and still feel uncomfortable. Like something’s wrong. We don’t get out of there because it’s so comfortable. But the feeling of discomfort will just grow. When you finally let go, you’ll be so liberated and relieved. Not until you hear your intuition (a.k.a. gut feeling) clearly and trust it fully, you will find yourself push through instead of letting go and you’ll do it until you can’t bare it anymore. When you let go, you will know in your heart it was the right decision to make.
Lastly, take care of yourself! Give your body some loving as well, and not just through gratitude but through treatment. Nourish it with good food, less alcohol, more water and work out now and then. Do yoga, treat yourself a massage, paint your nails. Make yourself a body oil and rub it on the skin after a hot nice shower. Feel beautiful and have some alone time in front of the mirror. Admire what you see. Love what you see. Be happy in your own skin.
This is now over a thousand words, straight from my heart. Am I my best friend? Definitely! I love myself before expecting someone else to love me. Do I do all these things regularly? No, but I try. And so should you. Becoming your best friend takes time. See it as a process. Maybe you have to cry and work through hard things and that’s ok. Take your time. It will be worth it.
- Practice gratitude towards everything in life and especially towards yourself
- Focus inwards and connect with your soul
- Cut on bad influences and replace them with good ones
- Start visualizing, making plans and listening to your intuition
- Love and nourish your body
Good luck on your journey x