For quite some time, I have heard the word “chakra” in different spiritual videos, texts and speeches. But not until now I’ve gotten a better picture of what it actually is. I decided to study this closer and share my learning with you.
What I knew before studying it closer; the chakras are seven areas along the spine all the way up to the top of the head on your body that stands for different domains in life. In meditation you can heal these areas when you feel troubled in a certain domain in life. However, it takes a long time, probably years, to really FEEL the chakras. I’m very much in the beginning of this journey and I’m prepared to wait a long time before experiencing the real actual power of the chakras.
As I can’t share any specific experiences with you, I’d like to share what I’ve learned about the different chakras and then take it from there.
- Root chakra
- This chakra symbolizes your connection to the earth, your physical body and survival. It’s located at the base of your spine. “The energy of Mudladhara allows us to harness courage, resourcefulness and the will to live during trying times. It connects us with spiritual energy of our ancestors, their challenges and their triumphs” – http://www.chakra-anatomy.com/root-chakra.html
- Here’s a simple root chakra meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wf4VRc0ETs
- Sacral chakra
- The second chakra is located in your pelvic area, just below the navel. This chakra allows you to feel pleasure, sensation, intimacy and connection. It’s also the chakra for passion and creativity. “Passion is the fuel of creative energy. Everything you create, a poem, a drawing, or a website, originates from the energy of second chakra. It is also where your fertility originates. After all, conceiving a child is a creative process.” – http://www.chakra-anatomy.com/sacral-chakra.html
- Here’s a simple sacral chakra meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr7YXGMbFx0
- Solar Plexus chakra
- The solar plexus chakra is located between your navel and solar plexus and stands for will power and the perception of who you are. “The energy of this chakra allows you to transform inertia into action and movement. It allows you to meet challenges and mover forward in your life” – http://www.chakra-anatomy.com/solar-plexus-chakra.html
- Here’s a simple solar plexus meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_-XeD1JWOk
- Heart chakra
- The heart chakra is located in your chest, by the heart. And as you probably can guess, it carries the energy of love, warmth and joy. “It is the center of your bonds with other beings, your sense of caring and compassion, your feelings of self-love, altruism , generosity, kindness and respect” – http://www.chakra-anatomy.com/heart-chakra.html
- Here’s a simple heart chakra meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvSmQBZFTno
- Throat chakra
- This one and the next chakras are the spiritual chakras. The throat chakra is located where neck and shoulders meet. This chakra represents communication, expressing yourself and speaking the truth. “The energy of this chakra allows you to seek knowledge that is true, beyond limitations of time and space, beyond cultural and family conditioning.” – http://www.chakra-anatomy.com/throat-chakra.html
- Here’s a simple throat chakra meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9DF68FJWI
- Brow chakra
- The brow chakra is also known as the third eye chakra and is the motive in many spiritual pictures. It’s located in the brain at brow level like a third eye. “The gift of this chakra is seeing – both inner and outer worlds. The energy of this chakra allows us to experience clear thought as well as gifts of spiritual contemplation and self reflection.” – http://www.chakra-anatomy.com/third-eye-chakra.html
- Here’s a simple brow chakra meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RFgES3Xx7I
- Crown chakra
- The crown chakra is the last chakra out of seven and is located at the top of your head. “The energy of this chakra allows us to experience mystical oneness with everyone and everything in nature.” – http://www.chakra-anatomy.com/crown-chakra.html
- Here’s a simple crown meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_yII0D5TqE
The chakras can be “opened”. When you learn to open them through meditation you access its true energy and you can learn how to balance the chakras. If they are excessive, it can be a negative energy. If the solar plexus chakra is excessive, you might be egoistic in a negative way. Balancing them allows you to use the energies in the best way possible.
I’m now on my journey to learn how to open and balance my chakras. Did you know that these existed? Do you believe in them? Have you mastered the art of opening them? Let me know your experiences!